Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Not circumcised. Have red vein on penis. Not itchy. Reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I intermittently haave suffered from irritation on the inside of my foreskin...reddens veins slightly raised and itchy...i am not circumcised. on this occasion it has persisted much longer than normal almost recovering and then returning. Therei is no discharge just soreness /irritation.
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Hi Harryog
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You are probably having a local irritation or an infection.
I think you should get a local examination and get a local swab for gram stain and culture.
The source of irritation can be caused by a built up of local secretions called smegma so you should retract the fore skin and clean the secretions with soap and water every alternate day for a fortnight. If your problem does not subside then probably you need to be examined by a local physician and get antibiotic course prescribed, the regimen your clinician would know.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Not circumcised. Have red vein on penis. Not itchy. Reason? 3 hours later
I do not have secretions as clean regularly anyway so perhaps you might suggest an antibiotic cream or is it possibly fungal
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 9 hours later
Hi harruog,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
You should get the culture of the local swab and start applying antibacterial and antifungal cream( Cream Neosporin) twice a day.
You should get relief within 15days if not then you need to get examined again.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor