No bleeding after taking mifepristone and misoprostol. Feeling bloated. Any complication?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: Hi, Doctor, my wife had recently taken medication(mifeprestone&misoprostol) for pregnancy termination, as her menstruation did not occur 2 weeks past her usual date, but till now, her menses has not resumed, so we gave her cycloreg tabs, but still no effect. She is having problems such as gas formation or should i say stomach bloating and it is becoming very unformtable for her, please help.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
I hope that a pregnancy test was positive after she missed a period. And an ultrasound was done. After taking the mifepristone,the bleeding should occurs wihin 48hrs.If not then its a failed induction. She needs to repeat the ultrasound and go for a surgical intervention.Gas formation is not occurring due to this,bit she can take omeprazole/pantoprazole tablets for relief.If you have syrup antacid at home,it should work also.