Missing period, feeling constipated with clear vaginal discharge. HPT negative. What's wrong?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: Hi,
Period late , over a week. Intercourse prob 24 - 48 hrs after ovulation ( going on the ovulation pain i had).- then subsuquent intercourse over 2/3 days
x 2 home pregnancy tests = negative.
only symptoms = some constipation in last few days, ( unusual) , vaginal clear un offensive discharge (unusual) low - like period pain back ache. 0/10 on pain score. low like period pain abdo cramps 0/10 on pain.
normally regular periods.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 6 hours later

Thanks for the query.I have gone through the details you have given.

The chances of being pregnant is there. Early pregnancy test may get negative. You can do a blood test for B-hcg to exclude/confirm pregnancy.

If the blood test comes out negative, you may have to go for investigations like USG lower abdomen, Thyroid Profile, LH/FSH, Blood sugar etc to rule out underlying pathology, if any. It may be due to hormonal imbalance, Irregular eating habit, stress/anxiety,Ovarian cyst etc.

Consult with your Gynecologist/Physician and take suggestive measures according to reports.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you a better health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan