Medicine for G6PD patient with fever?
Thanks for your query.
The medications, which are used in the treatment of the fever, are usually NSAIDS (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). Almost all NSAIDs pose risk of Hemolysis in people with G6PD deficiency.
Along with non-pharmacological methods of reducing the fever like bathing, sponging etc you can use low and widely spaced doses of Paracetamol as it is one amongst the NSAIDs, which pose low risk comparatively.
Hope I answered your query.
Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Medicine for g6pd patient with fever
- Traditional chinese medicine that cannot be used in g6pd patient
- Recommended medicine for colds for g6pd patient
- G6pd patient with fever what to take
- Digene medicine can be taken by g6pd patient?
- Typhoid fever in a g6pd patient
- Fever medicine for g6pd child
- Yello fever and g6pd patients
- G6pd patient with amoebiasis what medicine?
- G6pd deficient patient which medicine should i take for fever
- Suffer from hypertension and weakness. Does meth use cause thyroid problem?
- What is the effect of steroids on the heart during puberty in boys?
- Having psychological problems. Taking therapy. Any advice?
- Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this?
- Experiencing a periodic mild numbness in arm. Family history of MS. Any...
- Medicine for G6PD patient with fever?
- Having pain and pressure in eye with headache. Sinus MRI normal. What...
- Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?
- Have small penis. Will penomet penis enlargement pump work to enlarge it?
- Found high BP readings on home monitors. Any thoughts?