Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Lumps in vaginal area 2 days after sex

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 299 Questions
what are lumps in the vaginal area,two days after sexual contact with your man?
Wed, 16 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Noticing lumps or vaginal swellings could be due to following reasons

1. Semen allergy: you may be allergic to your partner's semen , which causes an acute inflammatory reaction causing itching, rashes, swelling in the vagina and irritation.This can develop very quickly and last for even a week or more.

2. Condom allergy: the lubricant in the condom at times may cause allergy to the female partner which again has the manifestations similar to the semen allergy I mentioned above

3. Infections : vaginal infections caused by trichomonas, candida, gardenella, etc can become acute after an intercourse if they were already present before. In such cases they do cause some discharge , fever, abdominal pain and swelling in the vaginal region

4. Friction and trauma: most often , due to friction and longer duration of sexual intercourse, the vaginal tissues tear up and then the mucosa gets irritated causing an acute inflammation leading to swelling, this is made even worse if the vagina has remained dry and there was not much lubrication by the natural secretions following foreplay.

5. Lastly any cysts like Gartner's cysts and Bartolin's cysts along with an associated infection may get exaggerated and present as noticeable swellings.

I suggest you visit the gynecologist for an examination to find out what they are and get them treated accordingly.

I hope I answered your question .I am available for follow up queries as well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor