question-icon

Loose motion ,taking only water. Sporlac powder or any medication ?

Posted on Thu, 7 Jun 2012
Question: hi ....my baby is 3years old, from yesterday she is having loose motions around 10-13, and she is taking only water....can i give her sporlac powder?
what is the best way to stop motions, until we XXXXXXX the doctor personally?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga (53 minutes later)
Hello and thanks for the query.

Sorry to hear your baby is having a tough time. I am sure soon all will be well.
In the meantime you can certainly supplement the diet with the sporlac powder.

As you know Sporlac provides active cultures of healthy micro nutrients which helps restore the normal balance of bacteria in the colon.

Very important also to consider is the hydration status of the baby. Do your best to make sure adequate fluids and foods are taken in. This will help avoid dehydration.

Thank you again for the query. I hope this answer serves to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist