Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Loose motion ,taking only water. Sporlac powder or any medication ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2564 Questions
hi baby is 3years old, from yesterday she is having loose motions around 10-13, and she is taking only water....can i give her sporlac powder?
what is the best way to stop motions, until we XXXXXXX the doctor personally?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 53 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Sorry to hear your baby is having a tough time. I am sure soon all will be well.
In the meantime you can certainly supplement the diet with the sporlac powder.

As you know Sporlac provides active cultures of healthy micro nutrients which helps restore the normal balance of bacteria in the colon.

Very important also to consider is the hydration status of the baby. Do your best to make sure adequate fluids and foods are taken in. This will help avoid dehydration.

Thank you again for the query. I hope this answer serves to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor