Looking medicine for throat pain and throat infection

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: medicine for throat pain and infection?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 53 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
Throat infection are commonly viral in origin and easily precipitated in post tonsillectomy patients.
Tonsils are localized lymphoid tissue collection and helps in controlling infection by engulfing microorganism.
This mechanism is absent in post tonsillectomy patients.

Any type of infection whether viral or bacterial, causes local inflammation.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ ENT surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should take complete antibiotic course (to prevent secondary bacterial infection), decongestants and anti-inflammatory medicines.
You should also perform gargles three times in a day.
You should also avoid sour, curd/ yogurt, cold drinks and oily food.
Hope for speedy recovery.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava