Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Liver test showed sgpt-112.2 and sgot-57.5. What medicine should be taken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5764 Questions
my father liver report have sgpt-112.2 & sgot-57.5 what medicin should taken by him.
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

First of all it is necessary to find the reason of elevated SGTP and slightly elevated SGOT. Both are liver cell enzymes, and appear elevated when there is some liver problem including viral hepatitis, alcohol intake, spicy foods regular intake, fatty food consumption, obesity, bile duct obstruction etc.
So your father should have fool blood work with GGTP and ALP (alkaline phosphatase), HBV and HCV antibodies, amylase and lipase. Abdominal ultrasound is also advisable. Only after this tests result proper treatment can be done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor