Itchy boils on face with burning sensation. How to get rid of this?

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi
i think i have got some allergy, dont know how, have got some boils on my face, which are itching & gives burning sensation need some immediate solution as m in office, & face is getting swollen, this seems to start in the morning when i got up.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later

Thanks for using health care magic to post your query.

From the description that you have given, it appears quite clear that you are having some sort of allergy. You have mentioned that you were using Moxkind capsules which is amoxycillin and this may cause allergy sometimes. It may be also due to some new cosmetic-powder or cream , that you might have applied to your face.

Meanwhile it would be very good if you could provide us with a snap of the boil/wheal which you are describing.

Tab. Cetrizine is a good second generation anti histaminic anti-allergic drug available in the dosage of 5 and 10 mg. taking this tablet will surely reduce the itching but may cause sedation.
tab Pheniramine Maleate popularly known as "Avil" will also be useful in such situation. It is available in a strength of 25 mg. The above mentioned tablets may be taken after consultation with your family physician. I am extremely sorry, but at health care magic we are not allowed to prescribe any drug.

If it doesn't resolve soon, you should visit a nearby general physician to get your problem solved.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.

In case you don’t need any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you a good health!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 17 hours later
These are actually rashes & not boils, i had consult my physician, but she says its either heat or in marathi they say pith (form of acicity).. she has given her tab + i took rantac 150, but today morning the face has swollen more, my eyes is watering also..kindly get called.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 10 minutes later

Thanks for posting your follow-up.

Rashes in allergy appear as "wheals" and not boils. The concept of "heat" and "pith" - "a form of acidity" is not accepted by modern allopathic medical practice. The concept that acidity can lead to rashes, swelling and watering from eyes is completely unexplainable scientifically.

Please try to understand that what you are having may be a form of allergic reaction and that you should consult a MD(internal medicine) physician or a MD (dermatology) doctor and start yourself on anti-histaminic drugs and probably a shot of steroids if the symptoms are more. Please do not delay this as if the allergy is progressing, it can worsen.

Wish you a good health!

Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 29 hours later
Hi thanks doctor for answering, i have fixed my appt with MD today, have attached my face snap-- where you can see i have swelling near my eyelids, the portion there is going dry & its swelled, it swelling is more during the day time, i think the dose which i am taking has Avil 10 mg. Pl. suggest further till then what can be the root cause of this allergy & what is the name of this allergy.
Thanks for taking an early appointment with an MD. Thanks also for sending your picture. The face is showing red swollen lesions which are for sure skin allergy. It very difficult to identify the root cause of the allergy but still the common causes are use of a new cosmetic like cream or powder, use of new linen like towel. It can also be cause of some food items which will be difficult to pinpoint. With anti-histaminic you should be alright with in a day or two.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
I will be happy to help if you need any further clarifications.
If not you can close the discussion and rate it accordingly and review it if possible,
Wish you good health.
If you have any direct question for me, you can also contact me on the following link:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 21 minutes later
as i am feeding my kid, i am not using any costmetic, not even a talc, also i had fast before having this rashes, so this cant be due to food also, New clothes are also not used...am afraid nothing is matching... what can this be, will this spread to my kid,he is just 11 months old. also is it safe to feed him..
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your follow-up query.
Sorry for the technical problem.
Its very difficult to pin point the cause of allergy. It can vary from pollen in the air to bedbugs in you bed to any particular pollutant in the air. Most of the allergies occur only ones and generally don't repeat again. So you just have to get treated for this allergy and then just forget about it. Only if such allergies get repeated, which in most cases it won't, then in that case you should bother about the cause.
ENT doctors have a test wherein they insert some amount of 100 different allergen under your skin and try to identify which substance you are allergic to. This gives you a list of say 20 odd items to which you may be allergic to, which wont help you either.
At first you should get treated for this allergy and then bother about doing that test only if it recurs. Allergies are non-infectious and are not transmitted to others and hence you can handle your child. Coming to the breastfeeding, it depends which drug you are started on by your physician. may be you can ask this question to your physician after the drugs are prescribed to you in today's consultation.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.

Wish you good health.

WWW.WWWW.WW Dr. Srikanth Reddy