• question-icon

Is transfer of embryos advisable when the endometrial thickness is 8.9 mm?

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Infertility Problem
Question: I was on fertyl100mg this cycle. On day 14th I had 2 follicles of 20*19 and 16*13 endometrium of 8.7mm thickness. Same day at 10:30am I was given a trigger shot. Next day that is on day 15th at around 12:30 in the noon doctor confirmed rupture of the follicle with 8.9mm endometrium thickness and at around 2:40pm did the IUI. Sperm count was around 65-70million with good quality. What do you think about the entire process and what are my chances of conception? This is my 2nd IUI. In the first IUI I felt cramps during the procedure and also for another few days. But this time I felt absolutely nothing. Is is ok to feel no cramps at all? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Good chances of conception

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Looking at your history, you are under right treatment and everything going on well.

I don't see any reason to worry.

You have good chances of pregnancy. Cramps are not necessary for pregnancy and does not mean anything.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 40 minutes later
Sir it been around 28hours after the injection when IUI was done and ovulation also occurred before that. In this case what should be the ideal time of IUI?

Is 8.9mm endometrium sufficient to conceive?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Good Endometrial thickness

Detailed Answer:

Your Endometrial thickness is normal.

There is no reason to worry.

IUI should be done around 36 hours after hCG trigger injection.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist