Is there any interaction between Morphine and Gabapentin?
Not bad together.
I am Dr Matt Wacksman, board eligible in addiction medicine.
Bottom line, they are likely to be safe together. Gabapenin does NOT have much effect on the respiratory centers nor heart. It may cause some drowsiness.
On searching The Entire Medical Literature for papers connecting morphine and gabapentin, most that connect the two are "Oh yeah, you don't need as much morphine for good pain control if you give gabapentin". They are very very often used together. Safely. And effectively. (generally with muscle relaxers). Do NOT overuse ANY of them. Overdoses, sometimes fatal have occurred with morphine and with muscle relaxers.
I should also mention, gabapentin rarely takes the pain away (but often lowers it... your type of pain, nerve pain, is one of the Better/more successful types). Morphine doesn't ever take the pain away, but nearly always makes it more bearable.
You can refer to the following article:
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Difference between gabapentin and pregabalin
- Is there any interaction between morphine and piriton
- Difference between methadone and morphine
- Does gabapentin interact with tramadol
- Gabapentin antacid interaction
- Naproxen and gabapentin drug interaction
- Taking gabapentin-morphine sul-fioricet-flexeril-tramadol-clonazapam decided to stop withdrawal symptoms
- Gabapentin interactions with other drugs
- Gabapentin enacarbil vs gabapentin
- Methadone and morphine interactions
- Is there any interaction between Morphine and Gabapentin?
- Can the presence of Oxycontin be detected in urine?
- Can Oxycodone be taken for wrist and back pain?
- What causes spitting of black mucus?
- How can Meth be flushed out of the system?
- Would Adderall show up in a urine test?
- What is the differece between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
- What causes pain after knee replacement surgery?
- How long can i take Xanax for anxiety?
- Are Omega 3 supplements effective in helping muscle recovery after a...