Is there an ayurvedic treatment for increasing height at the age of 20?
need further information
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and do let me know about following concerns:
1. Please let me know about your height?
2. Family history (height of parents)
3. what is the height to weight ratio (any constitutional delay)?
4. whether your physician has ruled out hypothyroidism, bone age (skeletal disorder)?
5. have you tried any telemarketing products or other alternate system of medicine?
Please let me know about these concerns so that your query is dealt in a better way.
Dr. Munish Sood
MD. (Ayu.) Kayachikitsa
Consultant & Physician
healthy diet and stretching exercises will help you
Thanks for reverting back.
1. checking with your height to weight ratio, following criteria is there, since Gender is not mentioned:
i. Male [20 years]: at 5'7" ideal weight should be 60-74 kg
ii. Female [20 years]: at 5'7" ideal weight should be 55-67 kg.
2. As far as there is no identifiable(pathological) cause according to your knowledge, this means that growing ends of long bones are completely closed/fused and no possible further growth in terms of height is possible, and moreover the family members have approximately the same height it could be one reason of not attaining/achieving desired height.
A. coming to your queries asked:
1. No Pharma company will ever describe his/her product not to be authentic, they are in market to sell ,earn and publicize their compound, and now even Actors have jumped into this marketing business (reason is simple-easy money and common people easily get influenced by their presence on show) and as you know 90% of knowledge is attained through visual (eyes) stimuli and this is the reason of showing their products on television.
2. Since you are still in growing age, thus take more of protein rich diet, [milk and milk products, non-vegetarian food, nuts,pulses,cereals] eat a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet and practice pranayam,yogasanas, back exercises that stretches the spine which helps in increasing height by 1”-2” inches.
3. Contact with a yoga expert for various Yogasans which can be adopted and practiced in daily routine.
4. Avoid over indulgence in sex, weight lifting, consume food with low glycemic index and maintain proper hydration status, never exercise on empty stomach, proper vitamin D and Calcium supplements, avoid nicotine/tobacco in any form as they act as growth inhibitors.
Dr. Munish Sood
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Filariasis treatment ayurvedic treatment
- 21 years old ayurvedic treatment to increase height
- Ayurvedic treatment for increased aso titres
- Ayurvedic treatment for platelet increase
- Ayurvedic treatment for eales disease treatment
- Macular amyloidosis ayurvedic treatment treatment
- Ayurvedic treatment for increasing sgpt
- Is it any ayurvedic treatment grow height
- Ayurvedic treatment for increased eosinophils
- Ayurvedic treatment of increased crp