Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Is surgery necessary for Hydronephrosis in kidney?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Hello, Doctor, One of my relatives baby 3 months old is suffering Hydronephrosis in kidney. The baby got swelling in left kidney with water and unable to pass urine normal. But, baby right kidney is normal. According to one of the surgeon recommended immediately surgery for the baby which cost Rs. 120000/- which is not affordable by the parents. So, please help me is surgery necessary or it can be treated through medication. Please help...
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Surgery is needed. Detailed Answer: Hello, Surgery is essential to treat the condition. It cannot be cured with medications.A hydronephrotic kidney is under constant pressure and with time functional tissue of kidney may be lost.This will also predispose infections. If parents not afford the cost then you can try in government civil hospital , XXXXXXX hospitals or medical college hospitals. These hospitals will do surgery at much lesser cost. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is surgery necessary for Hydronephrosis in kidney? 10 hours later
Doctor, Please suggest me any XXXXXXX hospitals and government hospitals which do surgery in lesser cost in hyderabad.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Personally, I dont know any such hospital . Detailed Answer: Hello, You can give try to medical college hospitals, both government and medical.Both are quiet cheaper with reasonable care. Also try to call the hospitals from the link I am providing here. WWW.WWWW.WW Hope this helps.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor