Owl Image

What does this lab report indicate?

Pediatrician
Question
CHILD 3 YRS - HAD HISTORY OF ANTENATAL HYDRONEPHROSIS WITH DETERIORATION- LEFT PYELOPLASTY DONE 2014. What will be the prognosis and future complications and chances of recurrance , kindney ailment .
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further worsening unlikley

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query as well the attached report and understand your concerns. It is apparent that pyeloplasty has been done and so possibly the PUJ obstruction has been relieved. This will arrest further hydronephrotic changes from developing but would not make the prior changes regress. The fact that the ultrasound report shows the prior changes to remain unaltered is not concerning. Further worsening is unlikely, nevertheless, periodic follow up is essential. You need not worry.

Let me know if I could help further.