Is laser treatment the right treatment procedure for folliculitis?
Yes, laser treatment makes sense if the second antibiotic fails.
Good to hear from you.
But you already had your Pap smear ???
I thought we were waiting for the report.
Yes, if the second round of antibiotics fail, I was going to suggest the laser too.
See this is definitely folliculitis and nothing serious.
SO it is infection of the hair follicles.
Rarely, as in your case, it might be resistant to all forms of antibiotics.
Then the only option left is to have laser ablation of the hair follicles - that way the hair follicles are removed completely, and thus the infection is totally eliminated for good.
These are routine blood tests to check your well being and to monitor the infection.
It is good news that the cervix looks fine.
Also, an ultrasound scan should be done for your issue of irregular bleeding / spotting after sex especially.
So get that done too.
LEt me know how you respond to the newer antibiotic.
Prayers for you !
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Folliculitis treatment neosporin children
- Treatment folliculitis on labia majora
- Folliculitis decalvans aryuvedic treatment
- Folliculitis treatment and ayurveda
- Folliculitis treatment workouts armpit
- What is the treatment procedure for folliculitis for speedy recovery
- Folliculitis treatment in ayurveda for toddlers
- Treatment for syringomas laser treatment
- Folliculitis treatment
- Pityrosporum folliculitis treatment herbal