Is it safe to take Pharma GABA for sleeplessness?
(PharmaGABA). And 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP). the bracelet I'm wearing to count steps, stairs,
calories, food, sleep shows me sleeping anywhere from 2 to 4 hrs per night, with periods of
"Restlessness" running 2 to 4 hrs also....no wonder I'm always tired. I do sleep with a CPAP mask after
a sleep study and have a visit with that doctor next week (have used the mask for 2+ years, and he has
Never mentioned what the bracelet is now telling me)...what about above sleep aid...I don't want to take
it, but am looking for opinions...no one, even my doctors, seem to know why I am always tired since
finishing a 3-yr steroid program for arteritis. Blood test says all is well, thyroid, etc. Thanks
Obstructive sleep apnea could be a cause of your tiredness
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I went carefully through the details. I think that there are two things to consider. Obstructive sleep apnea could be leaving you oxygen depleted and hence tired. Another possibility is hypothyroidism. Since you mention blood test for thyriod to be ok, perhaps hypothyroidism can be ruled out. Still it would be good if you could attach the report using the facility on the upper right of this page.
The next test to be done is polysomnography. It is basically a recording of your sleep pattern and you would be fitted with certain wired and allowed to sleep in the lab for the same. I would ask if any doctor has insisted you to sleep with the Bi-PAP or CPAP mask, and if so, what was the indication for the same. There could be a possible correlation between the two.
Dr. Kunal Saha
have an appt. with that Dr. Next week I plan to ask him to test me again, with the mask, to see if it is effective at all. Will let you know what the results are if he agrees.
Meantime, you made no comment regarding the sleep aid recommended by the trainer at my gym...PM Lean Complex - Restore. I will not take it at all unless
recommended by one or more doctors after the sleep study results are in, and
further actions discussed. Do you know anything about this "Restore" sleep aid?
Thank you again for your help.
Get the test repeated with the mask on
Thanks for writing back.
You may get the polysomnography or sleep test done while still on CPAP. If obstructive sleep apnea is still detected to be present, then my suspicion is correct and would explain your generalized tiredness. Moreover, CPAP is unlikely to be effective in your case as it is unlikely to be able to overcome the cause behind. Most often such symptoms occur due to a wide tongue base or the tongue falling back and occluding the respiratory passage.
Pardon me for missing out the point offered by your gym instructor. I do not think that it is going to be effective and I would not recommend that. Natrol Sleep N Restore Tablets are available online and I am aware of it. But it is not going to remove the source of obstruction and hence is not likely to be helpful.
Dr. Kunal Saha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have sleeplessness and taking placida will it cure side effects
- Hormonal imbalance depression sleeplessness taking dopamine history of hypothyroidism treatment
- Severe nose pain swollen headache sleeplessness taking medication suggestions
- I am suffering from sleeplessness, can i take ambien cr?
- What to take for sleeplessness
- I am suffering from sleeplessness, can i take restoril?
- Vomiting after taking lorazepam for sleeplessness panic attack anxiety
- I am suffering from sleeplessness, can i take tylenol pm?
- Does taking meizitang cause sleeplessness rashes and fatigue
- I am suffering from sleeplessness, can i take 5 htp?
- What causes shots available to treat knee pain post injury?
- Suggest treatment for withdrawal symptoms of Hydrocodone
- Suggest remedy for anger when recovering from sepsis
- Suggest remedy to maintain hair growth and nail growth
- Suggest treatment for headache, stomach pain and black floating stool
- Suggest treatment for chronic cough and allergy
- Suggest treatment for chest congestion
- What causes pain in the right side arm after removal of cancerous lung?
- Suggest treatment for strep, pseudomonas aeruginosa and growth of anaerobes
- Suggest treatment for rashes on face