Is it safe to take Lisinopril along with mutivitamin, B complex and antioxidant?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Was put on lisinopril 10 mg. I take a mutivitamin, a B complex and antitoxidant. The total Potassium is 300 mg. is that safe?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be taken Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query You can certainly take lisinopril and b complex together, there will not be any interaction. I would like to know what you mean by 'total potassium', usually serum potassium is checked and it is expressed as meq/Lit and the normal range is 3.5 to 5.5 meq/lit. Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 minutes later
95mg. On mutivitan, 110mg. In antitoxin and 95mg inb complex. Total 300mg
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thanks for the reply I am sorry I misunderstood the previous time. You can go ahead and take the multi vitamins. But please make sure your potassium is regularly monitored once in 8 to 12 weeks. I hope I was of help Regards