Is it safe to take 3 tablets of Zoplicone?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: is it safe to take 2 3.75mg zoplicone tablets. I've been proscribed one. i'm 74 years old
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No you should not.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
No you should not take 3 tablets of Zopiclone all together. Zopiclone is a hypnotic drug used for treatment of Insomnia.
It works by causing a depression or tranquilization of the central nervous system. So in high doses it can cause excessive sedation and depression of respiratory centers leading to respiratory arrest or even aspiration. In high doses it can also cause hallucinations.
As these side effects are more pronounced with the advancing age so I would not recommend you to take such high dose.
Discuss with your doctor for modification of the dose if you are facing sleeping difficulties with a single dose.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr. Anshul Varshney