Is it safe to have hing and ajwain during 9th week of pregnacy?
You can take in very small amounts.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Taking hing and ajwain during pregnancy will help in bringing comfort to the stomach ache but if taken in excess it can induce strong intestinal contractions and thus uterine contractions. Since you are already having spotting for last 15 days it is best to not to take more than 2 grams of ajwain twice a day.
Constipation is a very common problem among pregnant women. It can aggravate the mild spotting that you are having. You need to take daily 20 to 30 gm dietary fiber in the form of whole grains, fruits, green vegetables, nuts, seeds and beans. AVOID spicy food stuffs as much as possible. Ispaghula husk (2 to 4 spoon) like FYBOGEL etc can be taken with water at bed time to increase stool bulk and get motion. Drink more water (2.5 to 3 lit/ day) and take sound sleep regularly.
If above regimen fails to treat your constipation, then you will have to take lactulose to be in a better health.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Black stool during 9th week
- Menstrual cramps during 9th week of pregnancy
- Is digene is safe in during 9th. month of pregnancy
- Heavy bleeding during 9th week pregnancy
- Rashes and itching during 9th week of pregnancy
- Brown discharge during 9th week of pregnancy
- Safe diet for jaundice during 9th month
- Cramps during 9th week of pregnancy
- Is sabudana safe during 9th month pregnancy?
- Ethamsylate safe in9th week of pregnancy