• question-icon

Is it possible to have no discomfort post colonoscopy?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi Dr. Rynne,

I was wondering, is it possible to have colonoscopy done and wake up feeling as if absolutely nothing was done? like no gas, nothing? I had colonoscopies performed before and have always felt some discomfort later. the last one I just had done in October and felt absolutely nothing. the same thing happened when I had endoscopy by the same doctor in December. I've usually had some sore throat or some discomfort, but this time woke up as if nothing happened. It makes me wonder if anything was done at all. ZPlease advise as I'm worried. thank you. XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry, however routine and timely follow-up to continue..

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, Welcome to HCM,

I've gone through your query and understand your concern ,

Well there are two possibilities in this case of yours :

1. The procedure was perfectly mastered by the performing Doctor, which might not be the case in previous occassion .. also the degree of anaesthesia achieved for the procedure was really deep which didn't let you realize anything..

2. The procedure was not done at all.. which I don't think is a possibility , as they must have provided you with all the digital video as well as the film of the reports including your unique patient-id which can't be replicated under any circumstances as per the universal code and laws..

So that's highly unlikely , please have faith in your physician and relax..

You must be in good hands..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist