Is it advisable to take estrogen hormones?

Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Apr 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: i'm a male but i like to be a female or transgender .i want to buy estrogen or some others medicine to keep me as female hormone ( it means that i keep to love men cock / penis - i like to suck men cock / penis forever ).
which eestrogen or medine will be good for me to use ?
and how can i buy it ?
thank you .
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Transgender

Detailed Answer:
I understand what you are saying.

When I see someone like you in my practice, in addition to a thorough physical examination I order several blood tests:
CBC
Liver function tests
Kidney function tests
Electrolytes
Calcium
TSH
HbA1c
Lipids

These serve as an important baseline because sometimes hormones can have side effects.

Then I refer the patient to a psychiatrist to evaluate if the he is ready to begin female hormone treatment. Without such a formal referral from a psychiatrist I do not start hormonal medications.

Finally I prescribe three types of medications and not just estrogen. There is progesterone and spironolactone. These medications have to be used cautiously and required periodic blood testing to monitor effects and side effects, and appropriate dose adjustments accordingly.

Progesterone works at the pituitary level to suppress LH (Leutinizing Hormone) which lowers the male hormone (testosterone) levels, and spironolactone blocks the effect of testosterone at the receptor site such as hair follicle and muscle.

Such powerful medications must not be purchased online, and require the expertise of an experienced endocrinologist to prescribe them after a comprehensive physical assessment.
Follow up: Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 36 minutes later
where can i find endocrinologist ?
how much does it cost ?
how long before i can get progesterone medicine / medication ?
thank you.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:

1 You will have to find an endocrinologist near you by asking your family physician

2 Cost varies from country to country and in some cases, from doctor to doctor. it also depends on whether you have medical insurance and whether it will pay for transgender treatment

3 You can only get such medication by the prescription of a licensed doctor who has the opportunity to examine you first in person.