What Causes Acidic Taste In The Mouth?
most probably GERD
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. You most probably are suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). In this condition, stomach food gets back to esophagus/mouth producing such symptoms. It needs proper assessment by a gastroenterologist. So if you have already not taken an appointment then get one now. Meanwhile following measures will help you in reducing the severity:
> Medical Care:
- Omeprazole one daily for 14 days
- sucralfate suspension thrice a day for 10 days
> General Care:
Medical care can do NOTHING if you donot take general care about your health. Following steps would help you to recover slowly:
- take small frequent meals.
- take 30-45 mins walk/exercise daily in the evening. It will make you fresh, healthy and is good for digestion.
- Don't lie down immediately after taking meal
- raise head end of your bed slightly(by an inch)
- Eat a diet rich in fiber, especially from fruits and vegetables
fatty & oily food.
heavy meals at night
carbonated & caffeine drinks
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Please see description
Thank you for getting back. I won't be able to comment on his findings as he has physically examined you. If you think there is an element of doubt then i would suggest you to visit hospital and take second opinion from some other doctor. It will help you confirming it.