Is creatinine level of 3.36 a cause for concern?

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Sat, 31 Oct 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: My sister is 27 years old and she has down syndrome with mentally retardation.She has got 10 seizures and taking treatment now.and My questions is she has the creatinium level 3.36 and what are the treatment needed for her from pnephrologist?
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of kidney failure

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I can understand your concern for your sister.
The high level of creatinine is suggestive of kidney damage.
She needs dialysis.

Is she having the following problems?
1. Swollen feet or face, fatigue, back pain?
2. Any other symptoms?
Awaiting your reply. Your answer will help me analyze her better.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 19 hours later
Yes she has swollen feet,fatigue and think no back pain.Is there any treatment other than dialysis ,like medication something.Or else can we have ayurvedic treatment.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of kidney failure.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your kind reply.
Please provide the following details:

The report of blood tests such as serum potassium, calcium, phosphorous, albumin, urine analysis so as to suggest the medications.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 2 hours later
It can provide after 5 days,So can you give me extra 3 days extension Please
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More information needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your kind reply.
More information is needed like

1. The abdominal ultrasound report
2. The daily urine output
3. The medicines for epilepsy

Thanks and regards.