What does this LFT report indicate?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: hello doctor
I am 52 years of age. My liver function test scores are as follows
Bilirubin .7mg/dl
Bilirubin direct .1mg/dl
AST 35U/L
ALT 79 U/L
ALP 72 U/L
protein 8gm/dl
Albumin 4.3gm/dl
is there any thing wrong with the liver? What about the high ALT value
thanks and regards

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal range

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query. I went through the attachment and found that all your tests are within range.
Reg high ALT value has no significance to share. It varies in normal individuals because of various simple measures like quanitity of food, physical activity on the day of the test etc.
I think you should not be worried about the tests.
Also would like to know why were the tests done in the first place.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Suma Parinam 14 minutes later
I was previously diagnosed for fatty liver grade 2 around 2 years before while scanning for bladder/kidney stone. So I have taken an overall body check up now. Could you please check the other values as well. I mean the cholesterol and renal function test. I am slightly worried about the GFR calculation which says my value is 69. The normal value is 90-120 as mentioned in the report. What is your opinion about this. Moreover, i would like to know whether the cholesterol and sugar levels are acceptable or not. Is it necessary for me to consult a doctor and start medicines for liver/kidney/cholesterol problems

thanks and regards
XXXXXXX
Brief Answer:
Lipid profile is not good

Detailed Answer:

I find the lipid profile not good. The ratio of TC/HDL and TG/HDL are skewed on higher side. It warrants a good change in your diet, get into regular physical activity (if you are not exercising) and other lifestyle changes. Once you get into the lifestyle changes you can repeat the tests and further changes to the treatment.
GFR is low but has to be repeated to confirm.
I suggest to see an Internal Medicine (MD) to get these tests again and consult him.