question-icon

Is an iron infusion advisable when having normal blood report?

Posted on Wed, 1 Feb 2017
Question: Would having an iron infusion(because I have a platelet count of 588) although I have a iron measurement of 170(the highest normal) iron capacity of 183. I was told my iron was low but it doesn't look it to me. I do not want to end upwith too much. no sign of blood cancers. thank you
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode (10 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not needed

Detailed Answer:
Values you mentioned looks like normal to me. so iron infusion is not needed. Is your hemoglobin normal, I guess it is. So you should discuss with your doctor regarding the need of it. There is no indication if your iron Levels are normal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist