Is alcohol consumption safe while on Harvoni treatment?
Alcohol should preferably be avoided until 12 weeks
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Harvoni is usually prescribed for 8-12 weeks, depending on damage of liver. Alcohol in such situation will be a double edged knife, which not only interferes with functioning of the drug Harvoni, it also reduces regenerative capacity of liver by causing more damage. Hence it is advisable until 12 weeks to abstain from alcohol. In addition you should also avoid taking an antacid within 4 hours before or 4 hours after you take Harvoni. This especially includes antacids that contain aluminum or magnesium.
I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Naltrexone treatment of alcoholism
- Treatment of alcoholic liver disease
- Is ipl treatment safe while taking tamoxifen
- Alcoholic neuropathy treatment
- Naltrexone treatment of alcoholism dose
- Is it safe travelling while undergoing treatment for getting pregnant
- Treatment for lizol consumption
- Is biotin safe while doing laser treatment
- Naltrexone treatment of alcoholism nih
- Treatment for alcohol addiction