question-icon

Is a mass in front of kidney suggestive of lymphoma?

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015
Question: My husband has a mass in the front of his kidney the pathologist doesn't have full report but sees some suspicion of lymphoma. What do you think
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh (7 hours later)
Brief Answer:
May be lymphoma if pathologist feels

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern. You have provided very little info. Any mass in the abdomen, especially if it is new and causing symptoms, has to viewed with suspicion. As in his case biopsy has been done and pathologist is suspicious of lymphoma, it is certainly a possibility.

If you can provide some more details, I may be able to guide you better. But one thing I can assure you that lymphomas are mostly curable with treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist