Is a gamma gt reading of 120 IU/L a cause for concern?
Your gamma GT is high due to alcohol.
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
Your Gamma GT is slightly high. It is increased in alcoholism. It can detect occult alcoholism without any liver disease.
So you may have some alcoholic liver disease or may not have.
But according to my opinion you should go for complete liver function test once.
You need to avoid alcohol completely before it causes any liver damage.
So avoid alcohol.
Don't worry about ferritin or iron binding capacity if your hemoglobin is normal. If you have low hemoglobin then you need iron supplements.
Give me follow up.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Liver gamma gt reading of 139
- Simvistatin causing high gamma gt readings
- Liver gamma gt reading 80
- Is gamma gt reading of 160 dangerous
- Gamma gt alte cause
- Is a gamma gt reading of 57 high
- Increased gamma gt reading
- What is an ideal gamma gt reading be
- Gamma gt reading 164
- Causes of elevated gamma gt