Is a blood pressure reading of 117/56 a symptom of hypotension?
it's not hypotension
hypotension is a term we use when the systolic blood pressure is low (lower than 90mmHg) but in your case it's the diastolic that's lower than usual. This is not a real problem. Sometimes a low diastolic blood pressure may make the blood flow to the coronary arteries more difficult than usual but this usually occurs when the blood pressure fells abruptly. A progressively lower diastolic blood pressure is also a normal step when the arteries get stiff due to aging. It's not a desirable one but there's nothing that can be done about it.
So, neither 135/70 nor 117/56 is an abnormal blood pressure reading. Both readings are OK and no symptoms can be justified.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypotension/low blood pressure causes
- Blood pressure reading is 117 over 93 normal
- Treatment and cure for hypotension/low blood pressure
- Blood pressure 100 56 hypotension
- Symptoms of Hypotension
- Blood pressure of 117 over 56
- Blood pressure 117 56
- Drugs/medication for hypotension/low blood pressure
- Diagnosis of hypotension/low blood pressure
- Symptoms of hypotension/low blood pressure