Is a PCR test reliable to diagnose mycobacterium tuberculosis?
We have done multiple times IUI but didn't concieve so Dr did laparoscopy of endometrium tissue and result is M TB detected but fallopian tubes n other thing is normal. I am worried now our DR might start anti toxik treatment for M TB which we don want to as our family Dr told us that PCR test is unreliable. I dont knw what to do .. Plz advise because initially our problem was not conceiving it was other thing as my husband was not getting erection thatsy we consulted the infertility Dr and at this we had reached . Plz help.
PCR can be repeated
You can consult another doctor and take endometrial samples just before menstruation for PCR test .That is the way it is diagnosed.If that also positive then you will have to take antitubercular treatment.
Mean while check your husbands semen analysis and rule out any medical problems with him.
Hope my answer helps you.
I had attached all of my recent reports . Plz check n give me advice on that and also can I do endometrial samples test without laparoscopy?And we have already taken samples of my husband seamen and tested it and our Dr had told us that there is no problem with my husband's Seamen.Kindly advice us as we are confused. Plz help.
Endometrial biopsy is a simple procedure without even anaesthesia.No need of laparoscopy.
Preferably done 2 to 3 days before periods and repeat pcr from different lab.
If positive start treatment.
Discuss with TB.specialist regarding investigating your husband and requirement of Anti Tb medicines for him simultaneously .
Other reports looks normally.
Hope my answer helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis taxonomy
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis in endometrium tissues
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis treatment
- Confirmatory test for mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis endometrium pcr
- What is mycobacterium tuberculosis complex
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis cdc
- Conceiving in mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Treatment of uterine mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Is Crina NCR effective for irregular menstruation?
- Can Misoprostol induce withdrawal bleeding?
- What does a negative home pregnancy test after IUI procedure indicate?
- What does clear watery vaginal discharge with itchy vulva indicate?
- Suggest treatment for irregular menstruation when trying to conceive
- What causes vaginal spotting after taking an I-pill?
- What does this transvaginal ultrasound report indicate?
- Suggest remedies for hyperprolactinemia causing infertility
- What are the chances of pregnancy through non penetrative sexual activity?
- What does my ultrasound scan test result indicate?