Is Tdap vaccination for parents vital to help protect infants against whooping cough?
This is not accurate
Dear Sir, this information is not accurate. Actually the newborn should receive vaccination according to the following schedule and not you.
on the first week of age... > vaccination against poliomyelitis
within 2weeks after birth... > bcg vaccination
on 2 months of age.... > DPT vaccine, vaccine aganist poliomyelitis (2nd dose) and Hepatitis A vaccine
on 4 months of age..... > the same as on 2 months of age
on 6 months of age...... > the same as on 2 months of age
on 9 months of age....... > vaccination against poliomyelitis
on 12 months of age..... > MMr vaccine
on 18 months of age...... > MMr vaccine, DPT vaccine
I hope I answered your question
It is used only for newborns at risk in the USA
Dear sir, the BCG vaccine is given to about 80% of newborn symptoms world wide according to the national immunization program. The USA immunizes only newborns at risk ( family history of TB) and not all newborns due to low incidence of TB in the USA. the initial dose should be during the first week while a following dose should be at 2 months of age . I hope you find this helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Whooping cough esophageal spasms
- Whooping cough vaccine pregnancy side effects
- Whooping cough symptoms earache
- When do babies get the whooping cough vaccine
- Whooping cough and sore ears
- Whooping cough esr
- Minocycline for whooping cough
- Whooping cough earache
- Whooping cough vaccine and vp shunts
- Ingredients in whooping cough vaccine
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?