Is Paracetamol advisable for fever during pregnancy?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi doctor! Hope you well! So basically today is 7 weeks! Alhamdullilah.

Wanted to ask when do I go visit the doctor and go for a next ultrasound scan? 9 weeks?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get one in coming week

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, no get an ultrasound done after 2 weeks of the previous one which means in coming week.
I hope that will be fine so after that get next ultrasound directly st 11-12 weeks which is Nuchal translucency scan and is one of the most important scans of pregnancy.
All the best
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 3 hours later
Ok so il go next week Tuesday which will be 8 weeks. And get a scan done, and then go again at 12 weeks. Great thanks doctor!

And I'm getting fever and have a bad flu but haven't had anything
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Yss next tuedday will be good.
Take tablet paracetamol and cetrizine.
You will feel better by morning.
Take it twice a day and in case symptoms persists till day after tomorrow also then visit your doctor for examination and prescription for antibiotics.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 2 hours later
Ok I been having fever for about 7-8 days now. Having orange juice. It is safe to take paracetamol? Is fever and flu risky for the foetus?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic advised

Detailed Answer:
Yes prolonged fever is not a good thing.
You can take paracetamol as if is safe for both mother and baby.
But in my opinion you need to start an antibiotic as it seems like flu is getting chronic and thus needs special attention in the form of antibiotic now.

Which antibiotic do I take? Amoxillon? Is that safe?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Safe

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear amoxicillin is safe for both mother and baby and can be taken in pregnancy.
Take it as advised for 5 days and I hope you will be fine
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Hi doctor?l, my sis in law is suffering with yeast infection and around the pubic area she has small red spots and a rash. What can she take or put? It's really painful for her, and itchy. She was having cipro anti biotic for 5 days. Is fungbact a good cream or any other medicine or cream u can suggest ? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Ask her to take tablet fluconazole 159 mg once a week for 4 weeks and apply mupriocin ointment in morning and candid -B ointment in evening.
See the response but in Dar ni relief or partial relief then visit a gynecologist for examination
Also ask her to use cotton based undergarments and keep the area clean and dry.