question-icon

Is My way pill safe to take for abortion?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: I am two weeks pregnant.
I went to a medical clinic today and the Dr gave me a pill called "My Way".
I told him it was only good to use if you had unprotected sex with 72 hours.
He seems to think it will bring on my period. It was 150 mg
Can you please advise?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
My way does not cause abortion.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

As you have rightly said My way is used to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. It does not cause abortion in pregnant women.

If you do not wish to continue with your pregnancy consult gynecologist. After confirming that the pregnancy is inside the uterus and ruling out contraindications they will prescribe mifepristone and misoprostol for termination of pregnancy.

I hope this is helpful.
If you have further concerns, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama
Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN