Is IBS a symptom of autoimmune disorder?
I have gone through your history and it seems like you have lot of abdominal symptoms. The symptoms you do have can go with irritable bowel disease or inflammatory bowel disease , but since the colonoscopy is normal, we can rule out the serious one. I would like to ask you a few more queries regarding autoimmune disease:
1. Any history of dry eyes/dry mouth
2. Any history of oral ulcers/hair fall/rashes/joint pains
3. Any history of decreased sleep/forgetfulness/irritability??
4. Have you ever been tested with ANA??
Do let me know these queries. I would like to guide you further
Something else I will add and don't know if it would make a difference, is that I have a scarred left lung due to pneumonia as an infant and I've noticed myself wheezing more in the last year than ever before.
Sorry for the late reply
Had a long duty....
I have gone through your reply and it seems like you have lot of medical issues, with lot of hospital visits. A bit unfortunate, but somewhere it has triggered the pain cycles in your case. It is known as Fibromyalgia...
The symptoms of forgetfullness, irritability, irritable bowel syndrome, disturbed sleep..All fit in with this condition.
I would suggest you read on this article.. www.rheumatology.org--> Patient education--> Fibromyalgia...
Most of your symptoms do fit in
Hope the information was useful
Do revert back after reading the article
ok, I was able to follow the thread. I am not tender to the touch and I don't have joint pain or TMJ. Do you think the ANA test might be useful?
Apology for the late reply. Had a long 24 hour shift
Well, ANA you can get it done, but then again your symptoms should match before we put you on long term medications. Only ANA positive with no symptoms matching autoimmune condition, one still doesnt treat as the medications once started have to be continued life long.
Secondly, ANA can be falsely positive in 5-7 % of population. But never the less, to remove your doubt you can carry it out. At least if negative, it will rule out the chances of autoimmune disease.
Hope the information was useful. I will still go with my first diagnosis. You may not have all features of it, but some definitely fit in...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is there any alternate medication for prednisolone?
- What causes sweating,fatigue and grey colored stool when sufferimh from...
- Suggest treatment for damage to joints caused after stem cell transplant
- Suggest treatment for sjogrens syndrome
- What are the side effects of Saaz?
- What causes knee pain?
- What causes pain in arms,legs,neck with dizziness and fatigue?
- Suggest treatment for diabetic diarrhea
- Can vasculitis occur on foot and legs?
- What causes cellulitis, sinusitis and joint pain?