Is ESR of 32 a cause for concern?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Lupus
Question: I have an esr of 32, ana titer of 1:80, speckled pattern. I suffer from body pain, flu like symptoms, joint pain, eye pain as well. I feel like my Dr is not concerned with these results but I know that something is causing me to feel this way. Suggestions please?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you upload the entire report?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for addressing your query to us.

I am so sorry to hear about these worrisome laboratory findings and all the inconveniences this must have caused you. I do promise to follow through on this to help in looking for answers and providing solutions.

An ESR of 32 is clearly not normal. This might indicate a systemic inflammatory process or an autoimmune disease. However, I need to look at the entire laboratory result sheets. I will need to look at the method used, reference values for the laboratory and other findings that were reported as well. This will be very helpful to me.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting.....
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad