Is ESR count of 20 mm/hr a cause for concern?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 20 May 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am 42 years men,recent ESR blood test report indicate its value 20mm/hr which is higher than normal.From last one year ,I am felling stiffness in my eye and stiffness in my neck ,soldier,knee especially in the morning.please suggest me same test or medicine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Test for calcium and vitamin D3.

Detailed Answer:

A value of 20 in ESR alone is not worrisome. it can vary with many physiological conditions. The stiffness in joints can be due to stress decreased levels of calcium and vitamin D3 or arthritis. Lack of proper exercise can also cause such a problem.

You can get your blood calcium and vitamin D3 levels evaluated and start with proper supplements accordingly.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee