Is Astymin M safe to take during 30 weeks of pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: My wife is 30 weeks pregnant.
Her pre pregnancy weight was 41kg and presently she is 53 kg (Height- 5ft2in). The last ultrasound taken at 22 weeks was normal.
She is taking Orofer XT and Calcimax Forte as well as protein powder for the last 3 months. For two months or so she had taken Idegen (Idebenone 45) too. Is Astymin M and/or Becosules recommended at this stage along with these?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Recommended

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
She can continue multivitamin capsule like Astymin M and/or Becosules with all the tablets mentioned above, as the ingredients are completely different in others.
Moreover, multivitamins should be taken in third trimester both for the benefit of the mother and the baby.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 3 days later
Thanks for your prompt and detailed response. There is another concern though. We just found out that Astymin M Forte has a red mark (animal origin gelatin). Being strict vegetarians, we are reluctant to take it. Kindly suggest a solution/substitute.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Becosules

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
She can take cap Becosules Only.
Both are multivitamins and only one is required for supplementation.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Happy to be of help

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I am happy to have helped you.

Dr Deepti Verma

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee