Is Amixide-H safe to take with Telmisartan and Ecosprin?
RECENTLY I CONSULTED WITH A NEW CARDIOLOGIST HE PRESCRIBED ME TALSARTAN 80,RAZEL 10 ,ECOSPRIN 75.AND TELL ME NO OTHER MEDICINE ARE NEEDED . SO I AM NOT TAKING AMIXIDE-H NOW FOR 5 DAYS.
BUT I AM NOT FEELING WELL BEFORE LIKE AND MY SLEEP AT NIGHT NOT FULFILLED.MY HEADACHE IS GROWING UP.
SO I AM EAGER TO KNOW IF I TAKE TALSARTAN80,RAZEL 10,ECOSPRIN75 INSTEAD OF PROLOMET XL 50,MONIT 30 SR,AND LIPICARD 160 AND AMIXIDE-H. THE 2ND DOCTOR TOLD ME MY HEADACHE
IS DUE TO MONIT SR30. SO IT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN.SO THE DOCTOR CUT MONIT AND GAVE ME TALSARTAN80,RAZEL AND ECOSPRIN.
SO PLEASE TELL ME WHICH PRESCRIPTION SHOUL I FOLLOW THIS MOMENT? MY LIPID PROFILE IS IN GOOD RANGE NOW.
AND ALSO FOR AMIXIDE-H.
CAN I TAKE AMIXIDE-H WITH TALSARTAN 80,RAZEL10 AND ECOSPRIN.
PLEASE ANSWER ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Take amixide H along with other cardiac medication.
Hello , I am Dr. Mody and I would be addressing your concern.
I went through the information you base provided in detail and would hereby enlist my suggests .
1) Do continue amixide H . It has a different role particular for your headache, sleep , anxiety .
Even if you consider stopping it in future you have to do it slowly over 3 months , sudden stoppage can cause all the symptoms you have described for sure.
2) Monit sr causes headache , however it is important to note that it only occurs when the medication is started , ad you take it for a 3- months , the body gets adapted to it and the side effect disappears. So considering you are taking it for so many years , I don't see monit sr as the cause of headache in you . Hence amixide H is completely justified for your case .
Lastly prolomet xl and telmisartan have different mechanism of action and have different way by which it protects the heart .
So stopping one and taking another is again a query , also sudden stopping of prolomet xl cases the pulse to shoot high causing panic like situation .
So I would suggest matosartan 50 mg .It contains telmisartan 40 mg and metoprolol 50 mg , which is the content of prolomet xl.
Lastly YES you can take amixide H along with the prescription of second doctor you have visited.
Let me know if any clarification needed and I would be happy to help .
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
continue above medications and slowly add telmisartan starting with 20 mg
1) as you had mentioned that your lipid profile is staying good , your sgpt being on the higher side .its best to avoid lipicard at this point of time . I would suggest plain rosuvastatin (razel) 10 mg instead
2) I presume that your new cardiologist must have started telmisartan 80 mg because your blood pressure would be high as telmisartan is far more effective in controlling blood pressure as compared to prolomet.
So shifting back to prolomet may not be enough to control your blood pressure.
However presently continue with the regime of prolomet monit sr and deplatt A and amixide h at night and add telmisartan starting from 20 mg once a day and then increasing its does as per the Need according to the blood pressure recording rather than directly starting with 80 mg to minimise the withdrawal you faced .
Let me know if any clarification needed and I would be happy to help.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pregnant prescribed ecosprin safe to take
- Can i take glycomet along with telmisartan
- "what will happen if i stop taking" telmisartan
- Thyroid patient pregnant take ecosprin safe for baby
- Is it safe to take ecosprin for blood pressure problem
- Is it safe to take ecosprin during periods
- Is it safe to take ecosprin 75 in pregnancy
- Is it safe to take hibor and ecosprin togather in pragnancy
- How safe is it take ecosprin 75 before conceive
- Is it safe to take ecosprin when pregnant