Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

I am 33 years old. Suffering from hyperthyroidism. Trying to conceive. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
i am 33 years with Hyperthyroidism and my FSH is 63.12 and want to concieve is it possible
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 45 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

I am afraid you have very high level of FSH hormone which correlates with menopausal status. It reflects low to nil ovarian reserve.

You might be suffering from a condition called premature ovarian failure.

Apart from this hyperthyroidism is an added problem which can be corrected. Please get the Medicines prescribed for hyperthyroidism from your doctor.

As far as fertility is concerned, I advice you to see an infertility specialist who will advice you on donor egg IVF programme. It is not possible to conceive with your eggs.

I hope I answered your query. Please feel free to contact me on any followup queries you have.


Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: I am 33 years old. Suffering from hyperthyroidism. Trying to conceive. What treatment should be done? 1 hour later
there is no other option that i can concieve with my own eggs the only option left for mr is to find aa egg donor
and is there a gurantee after donor egg IVF programme i will concieve 100%.
Can you tell me how much will this cost completely
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

thanks for writing back.

There is no option of conceiving with your eggs if your reports what you are telling is correct.

If you wish please get blood tests FSH & AMH done again.

There is no 100 % guarantee in the field of infertility by any form of treatment. Hence even with donor egg IVF, 100 % success cannot be assurred.

This might cost you between 2 to 2.5 lakh depending upon diifferent cities in India.

I hope I answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Infertility & IVF Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor