How to reduce elevated GGT level?

Question
MY GGT LEVEL IS 393, I USE TO DRINK DAILY AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW CAN I REDUCE IT QUICKLY AND IS IT VERY SERIOUS ISSUE?
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
YES, YOU NEED TO REDUCE IT AT THE EARLEST

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir,
I have carefully read your query and understood your concern,

You seem to have a very high G.G.T value.This most likely arises in the context of frequent and excess intake of alcohol.

An elevated G.G.T signifies ongoing damage to liver most notably "ALCOHOLIC HEPATITIS". This can run the risk of getting converted to alcoholic cirrhosis.

Also you run the risk of acquiring gall stones and making you get prone to jaundice and pancreatic disorders.

One most important thing which can normalize your G.G.T levels is "STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL"

IT TAKES NEARLY 3-6 MONTHS FOR THE ELEVATED G.G.T LEVELS TO NORMALIZE.

Quitting alcohol under expert guidance with the use of alcohol desensitizers like Disulphiram and Metronidazole will produce faster results.
Consume diet low in fat,have regular workouts,and maintain adequate hydration.

You are currently receiving an updated and a perfect treatment to treat your elevated G.G.T,kindly stick to it by all means.
GOLBI drug helps to prevent gall stones.

I hope and wish my feedback is useful and convincing to you ,
Kindly rate my answer as a means of providing your valuable feedback ,so as to improve my presentation.
Post your follow up queries in case of any further need,
Thank you,
Take care,
Dr.Suresh

Follow-up: How to reduce elevated GGT level? 5 hours later
HELLO DOCTOR,

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY DOCTOR, I AM PLEASED TO KNOW THAT THE TREATMENT THAT I AM HAVING IS PROPER. I WOULD BE GLAD IF YOU COULD HELP ME WITH A DIET WHAT EXACTLY I SHOULD EAT AND DRINK TO REDUCE MY GGT AND RECOVER FROM THIS CONDITION, I WOULD EVEN LIKE TO KNOW THAT IS SMOKING ALSO VERY DANGEROUS IN THIS CONDITION? OR CHEWING PAN MASALA? I AM NOT A HEAVY SMOKER OR CHEW PAN MASALA OFTEN BUT I SMOKE OR CHEW PAN MASALA VERY LITTLE JUST TO STAY DISTRACTED FROM DRINKING ALCOHOL. I EVEN WANT TO KNOW THAT IS WHEY PROTEIN HARMFUL FOR ME AS I WILL START MY WORKOUT AGAIN AND CAN I DO HEAVY EXERCISE AS I AM FOND OF BODYBUILDING BUT I AM NOT IN A PROPER SHAPE ANY MORE DUE TO EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL AND NOT TAKING GOOD CARE OF MY HEALTH. I USE TO BE OF 75 KGS AND I SUDDENLY WITHIN A YEAR I LOST 10KGS AND BECAME VERY SKINNY WITHOUT ANY WORKOUT BUT DUE TO HEAVY STRESS DUE TO A HUGE LOSS IN MY BUSINESS, IT IS EFFECTING MY PERSONALITY TOO, I WANT TO EVEN PUT ON A LITTLE WEIGHT NOT FAT JUST LEAN MASS, WILL THAT BE A PROBLEM? IF SOMETIMES MAYBE ONCE IN A WEEK IF I DRINK A BOTTLE OF BEER WILL THAT ALSO EFFECT ME BADLY? PLEASE REPLY MY QUERY DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS I FEEL YOU CAN GIDE ME TO THE BEST RESULTS.
THANKS FOR YOU HELP AND SUPPORT TOWARDS ME.

REGARDS,XXXX

MY TEST RESULTS WHICH ARE HIGH:
MY SGOT(AST) 41
MY SGPT(ALT) 64
MY TRIGLYCERIDE 232 (WHY EXACTLY IS HIGH?)

MY URINE TEST RESULTS:
VOLUME OF URINE:30 MILLILITER
COLOUR:STRAW
SPECIFIC GRAVITY:1016
DEPOSIT:PRESENT
APPEARANCE:HAZY
PH:ACIDIC

PROTEIN:TRACE
SUGAR:NIL
KETONE BODIES:NIL
BILE SALTS:NEGATIVE
BILE PIGMENTS:NEGATIVE
UROBILINOGEN:NEGETIVE

PUSS CELL:20-25/HPF
RED BLOOD CELL:0-1/HPF
EPITHELIAL CELL:2-3/HPL
CAST:NIL
CRYSTALS:NIL

I EVEN USE EAT NON VEG AND SPICY FOOD A LOT, IS THAT ALSO A REASON FOR MY THIS CONDITION? I AM VERY TENSED AND I AM JUST 29 YRS OLD AND I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. I JUST GOT MARRIED LAST YEAR IN THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY AND I AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MYSELF AND MY FAMILY TOO. IS THERE ANY WAY TO REDUCE MY STRESS DUE MY BUSINESS LOSSES THAT I HAD AND MY PRESENT BUSINESS CONDITION? I OFTEN HAVE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS AND DON'T HAVE A PROPER SLEEP TOO. MY MIND IS ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT SOMETHING OR THE OTHER. KINDLY SUGGEST IF THERE IS ANY KIND OF REMEDY AS YOU ARE A GREAT HOPE FOR ME AND I AM SEEKING HELP FROM YOU. PLEASE GUIDE ME.

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
life style modification a must in your case

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have carefully read your query,and understand your concern.
As per your clinical history and lab values,following inferences can be made out

6.Improper body structure,unhealthy food habits, increase body weight.
7.Is heavy exercise good?

9..Stressful living.
10.Lack of healthy sleep.
i would like to tell you that this combination of elevated GGT plus elevated SGPT plus elevated triglycerides is known as NASH- NONALCOHOLIC STEATOHEPATITIS"- A metabolic liver derangement.
This is most likely due to accumulated cholesterol in your body due to improper dietary habits.This disorder runs the risk of acquiring heart diseases.
smoking or chewing pan or occasional consumption of alcohol is absolutely contraindicated.
diet should include soya beans,oatmeal,yog hut,fish,milk,spinach,avacado,mushrooms,lentils pomogranate,
whey protein is safe and has no adverse on ggt levels

Follow-up: How to reduce elevated GGT level? 18 minutes later
Thank you Sir. Could you suggest me any medicine for sleep.

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stress management counselling a must in your case

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir,
Thanks for writing back to me,

As you are going through a stressful life style .this can seriously impair sleep pattern,.i request you to attend stress management sessions under an expert guidance of sleep management centers.

A small dose of Anxiolytics like Tab Alprazolam 0.25 mg before bed time for 3-6 months under expert doctor prescription can create marvallous sleep improvement.

Regular and graded exercise for 20 min a day can help to improve your sleep as well.avoid heavy exercise.

Maintain body weight around 60 kgs with BMI less than 21.5.
These practices can help to reverse the changes of XXXXXXX

kindly rate my answer as a means of your valuable feedback.

Thank you,