Suggest remedies for diarrhea, abdominal pain and chills caused by gastroenteritis
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
Most likely you are suffering from Gastroenteritis.It is an intestinal infection marked by diarrhoea, cramps, nausea, vomiting and fever.However all symptomscare not always there in every patient.Chills in your case is suggestive of active ongoing infection in blood or body.Most of the time its viral however in adults it can be bacterial or protozoal also.
Tests suggested are-
Ultra sound abdomen
Stool test under microscope
Complete blood count
Total and differential leucocyte count.
Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration–You need to drink more than usual to replace the fluids lost from diarrhoea. Water is best, but you could also try fruit juice and soup.
Take dicyclomine an antispamodic.This would relieve the spasms in inflammed intestine and would help.
Get plenty of rest.
If you feel like eating, try small amounts of plain foods, such as soup, rice, pasta and bread.You could continue having BRAT diet as you had on day youhad loose motions,
Use special rehydration drinks made from sachets electral solution to maintain depleted electrolyte levels in serum.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having abdominal pain nausea and watery diarrhea suggest
- Diarrhea constipation abdominal pain sweating cause of symptoms
- Abdominal pain inflammation diarrhea grey tongue cause
- Diarrhea abdominal pain chills nonproductive vomiting now sweats normal
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea
- Abdominal pain and cold chills
- Diarrhea abdominal pain chest pain and fever suggestions
- Abdominal pain gastroenteritis diarrhea pain subsiding treatment for diarrhea
- Abdominal pain with bloating diarrhea and vomiting flu or gastroenteritis
- Suggest medication for diarrhea nausea and abdominal pain