How to get relief from stomach pain with rotten eggs burping?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Question: mydaughters burps smell like rotten eggs and she has horrible stomach pains

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Presence of horrible stomach pain with rotten eggs burping indicates some sort of gastric involvement.
Let me know the following details:
Does she have watery diarrhea/ vomiting/ spasmodic abdominal pain/ acidic belching?
Does she has aggravation of abdominal pain just after taking meals?
Foul smelling burps may due to decreased gastric motility with spoiling of food in stomach.
Decreased abdominal motility may be due to localized gastric pathology or due to hormonal disease such as hypothyroidism.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist or gastroenterlogist and go go for thorough check up.
You should also go for Thyroid profile and upper gastrointestinal endoscopy for better evaluation of symptoms.
Hope that helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava