How to determine the paternity of a child?
Most likely this baby is your current boyfriends child.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
There are some particular concerns in your case. It is difficult to predict ovulation date since your cycles are irregular. You also do not remember the days when you had intercourse with your current boyfriend.
However early ultrasounds are accurate and reliable in calculating the fetus age than LMP. So most likely you have ovulated somewhere around 4th March. Since you had sex with your ex boyfriend only on 23rd and 24th , Feb it is unlikely that he is the father of this baby. Most likely this baby is your current boyfriends child with whom you had sex in the first week of March.
The confirmatory answer is by DNA testing. You can do this paternity test while you are pregnant also. There are two types of tests available at this stage of pregnancy.
1. Non invasive prenatal paternity test-- a small amount of baby's DNA is found in mothers blood naturally. This test can be done by collecting baby's DNA from your blood and matching it with your boy friend's blood. This is the recommended test as it does not carry any risk to the baby.
2. Amniocentesis to collect baby's DNA and matching it--This procedure is invasive and is associated with risk of miscarriage. It is performed during 14-20 weeks of pregnancy.
Or you can do the DNA test after delivery using baby's blood or baby's cheek swab.
I hope I have answered your queries. If you have any further concerns please write to us. I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dna testing to determine paternity
- How to determine the paternity of the fetus
- Had unprotected sex with multiple partners how to determine paternity
- Pregnant how to determine paternity
- How to determine paternity of the child
- How to confirm paternity of child during pregnancy
- How to determine paternity during pregnancy
- Had unprotected sex how to determine paternity
- How to determine paternity based on conception
- How to determine paternity and conception date