How to determine ovulation days with irregular periods?
OPK are not reliable in PCOS
I read your query and I understand your concerns about OPK and confusing results.
OPK basically detects surge of a hormone called LH.
Since PCO women already have increased LH. These OPK including clear blue are not to be relied upon in PCOS.
Therefore you are getting varying and confusing results.
Abdominal pain does not signify anything.
Hence best to predict ovulation in PCO woman would be do get follicular growth ultrasound scan done to check ovulation. This ultrasound scan is a radiological investigation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to recover from irregular periods
- Irregular periods how safe
- Irregular period 20 days delay
- How to treat irregular periods
- Have irregular periods how to predict fertile days
- Irregular periods and ovulation
- Detecting ovulation with irregular periods
- Duphaston for 7 days irregular periods
- Usually irregular periods spotting for 6 days pregnant or ovulating
- How to overcome irregular periods