How soon can pregnancy test be taken after intercourse?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi!! i recently got married and me and my wife had unprotected sex. we are not sure about certain things :
what is the best time to go for the pregnancy test(with pregnancy strip) after sex .
and if someone does not want to have baby after getting pregnant , then what is the maximum time a person can have abortion & it will not affect the health much??
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As per description

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Best time to rest for pregnancy is after 15 days of unprotected sexual activity.
In general pregnancy can be safely and easily managed by medicibes alone till 7 weeks of gestation which is roughly 3 weeks after the date of missed (expected) periods.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 5 hours later
Hello Doctor, thanks for the reply.
But i have one more query:
It being 1 week since we had intercourse, and my wife is getting the feeling that she is pregnant and we had the test its negative.
Is it possible to get pregnant after this also ?
If yes than will there be any prescription or medicine available to stop this pregnancy to occur ?
and what the chances at this point of time of getting pregnant?
Also she is not showing any signs of pregnancy except weakness and stomach ache.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Test for pregnancy after one week

Detailed Answer:
Yes of course she can be pregnant but it is too early to test.
Pregnancy test comes positive after 15 days of unprotected sexual activity.
First do the test after one week and if it is negative then nothing to worry but if positive then visit a gynecologist for termination if at all desired.
Yes it can be managed medically if test comes positive and you sought treatment early.
Her symptoms are vague but also seen in pregnancy but it is too early to comment.

Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 31 hours later
Hello Doctor,
I have my wife's report for blood and urine with me but the results are not clear.
Can you please check it and tell me about the results , is it positive or negative? I have uploaded the reports.

Thank you in advance.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy test is negative

Detailed Answer:
Blood test report is normal dear and pregnancy test is negative.
But it is too premature to test for pregnancy and thus wait for 5 days more and repeat the pregnancy test.
Wish you all the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T