Ask a Urologist   »  

How long does Exalgo take to show up in urine test?

Urologist
Question
I take exalgo 16mg. how long does it take to show up in my urine tests, and why does it not sometimes, also sometimes in instant test it shows, and lab report back doesn't
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Usually within one day

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

How long does it take to show up in my urine tests- Usually within one day.

Why does it not sometimes, also sometimes in instant test it shows, and lab report back doesn't- It depends on when the sample is being tested.

Exalgo overdose can be fatal, especially in a person using it without a prescription. Overdose symptoms may include slow breathing and heart rate, severe drowsiness, muscle weakness, cold and clammy skin, pinpoint pupils, and fainting.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future.

Follow-up: How long does Exalgo take to show up in urine test? 5 hours later
Ok. Well I still don't understand why the instant tests would show it, then when coming back from the lab, they say there was no sign of it.
I do have a prescription, I was looking for reasons for these test results, I'm saying I over dosed years ago on zanax, I have severe kidney function tests, and some of my colon is missing from an ostomy. I was just giving any other information that might be helpful in your answer.

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Two possibilities

Detailed Answer:

Two possibilities- may be the other lab test specimen would have been tested after complete excretion of the drug in urine.

Or there may be a lab error.

Thanks.