Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

How is erectile dysfunction in men treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 47 Questions
i i can not perform in bed at all ,i can not iven remember the last time i have sex
please help
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 4 hours later

Since your questions does not have details of your problem, I assume you are having one or more of the following.

1) Erectile Dysfunction - This condition involves difficulty in achieving and maintaining erection.

2) Premature Ejaculation - This condition involves ejaculation immediately on penetration or even before penetration.

Anxiety associated with performance of the sexual act can be a reason why you are not able to perform. However, you may also need to rule out any medical causes that might lead to sexual problems.

Please write back to us with more details of your problems, so that we can help you better.

Dr Abhijeet Deshmukh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How is erectile dysfunction in men treated ? 26 hours later
hi docter can you please give me details of any docter that can be able to help with my promblem, i am in south africa cape town, i need all the help i can get my penis can not XXXXXXX standup in the morning,if i look at the women i mean the is nothing hapening. I did suffer from stds when i was young wich i'm not sure if i was treated well.
Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 22 hours later

It appears to me that you might have to consult a General Physician to start with. A General Physician will be able to help you diagnose any physical condition that might be leading to the Erectile Dysfunction. One of the commonest physical causes of Erectile Dysfunction is Diabetes Mellitus, but looking at your age, it appears less likely.

Abnormalities in the blood supply to the penile tissue can cause erectile dysfunction. You may need to check for the same through a few tests your GP can prescribe.

You also do not have been getting the early morning erections, which strongly points towards a physical cause involved. Inadequately treated STIs (sexually transmitted infections) can lead to erectile dysfunction.

Once you have consulted a GP you will be directed to appropriate specialist further. You may consider consulting a Urologist and a Sexologist to find out the exact cause behind your problem. You might have to undergo a series of blood tests and ultrasound scanning of the region.

I hope this helps you a bit. We wish you are able to solve your problems soon.

Take care.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor