How is chicken pox transmitted?
Question: Couple of people in our team got chickenpox last week, couple more got it during last few days. Is there anything thay I can do to prevent this? Any medication available in order to prevent this.
Brief Answer: vaccination is available Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. Chickenpox spreads through airborne droplets from respiratory tract of infected person. Vaccination is available and recommended for people who have not had chickenpox disease before in their life and those who are not vaccinated before. It's recommended to take the first dose as soon as possible ( in your case I would suggest you take it immediately ). Second dose can be taken 4 weeks after first dose. But despite this sometimes it may not be possible to prevent , the chances of getting chickenpox increase proportional to the time you take vaccine after exposure to an infected person. Wishing you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
One of my friend suggested that Immunace and Zoster tablets wouldreduce the risk of infection. How far it is true? Do you suggest these?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
People also viewed
- How to distinguish chicken pox
- How to remove the spots of chicken pox
- How to fill chicken pox pits
- How to erase marks of chicken pox
- Have chicken pox how is it communicated
- How frequent is chicken pox
- How to take prevention for chicken pox
- How to remove chicken pox holes
- How to remove chicken pox scars
- How do chicken pox spread
Questions Answered By Dr. Arun