How can vitamin B12 and vitamin D be treated?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: done my reports. please advise home remedies for vit B12, Vit D and cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin B12 and D deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi Prithi

Thanks for posting the query

I have gone through your reports in detail

Every thing is normal except Vitamin B12 and D levels are low. Even the Lipid profile ie. Cholesterol levels are slightly high. But you can control it by lifestyle management like diet changes and regular exercise. Repeat the levels after 3 to 6 months if still the levels are altered then you can consider the medication.

For vitamin deficiency you can take. Tab. Mc.MEGA and Vitamin D 6000iu once a week for 3 months.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 19 hours later
thanks.. any home remedies for vit D and Vit B12 ? Any home remedies for Cholesterol ?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sun exposure.

Detailed Answer:
Vitamin D is obtained by exposure to sun. ie. expose to sun before 8 every day.
Vitamin B12 is mostly present in meat if you are a non vegetarian then you can have it at least 2 times in a week.

For Cholesterol do regular exercise and have Omega 3 supplements reduce high fatty foods.

Any issues do follow up.