Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

How can vitamin B12 and vitamin D be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 602 Questions
done my reports. please advise home remedies for vit B12, Vit D and cholesterol
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin B12 and D deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi Prithi

Thanks for posting the query

I have gone through your reports in detail

Every thing is normal except Vitamin B12 and D levels are low. Even the Lipid profile ie. Cholesterol levels are slightly high. But you can control it by lifestyle management like diet changes and regular exercise. Repeat the levels after 3 to 6 months if still the levels are altered then you can consider the medication.

For vitamin deficiency you can take. Tab. Mc.MEGA and Vitamin D 6000iu once a week for 3 months.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can vitamin B12 and vitamin D be treated? 19 hours later
thanks.. any home remedies for vit D and Vit B12 ? Any home remedies for Cholesterol ?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sun exposure.

Detailed Answer:
Vitamin D is obtained by exposure to sun. ie. expose to sun before 8 every day.
Vitamin B12 is mostly present in meat if you are a non vegetarian then you can have it at least 2 times in a week.

For Cholesterol do regular exercise and have Omega 3 supplements reduce high fatty foods.

Any issues do follow up.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor