• question-icon

How can a rash on the penis be treated?

Posted on Fri, 4 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Could this be due to friction from sex and dry masturbation? I do work out a lot and sweat. Heat rash or blister? I put neosporn on it. I dont wash after sex.
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your question.
I read it carefully and I saw the photos you uploaded.

The rash seems like a fungal infection of the skin. It may have been triggered because of the sweat and humidity that stays there during working out of exercising.

I recommend that you use an antifungal cream for 2 weeks- Econazole 1% twice/day.

Also, wear cotton underwear and lose ones.
Try to prevent humidity as much as you can.

If worse or not better feel free to follow up with me or see a local doctor.
Also, if there is any chance of having had unprotected sex, it is important to rule out sexually transmitted infections.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr.Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Klarida Papaqako 1 hour later
Just wanna make sure this isnt like a std! Cause my gf and i are clean when we started dating a while ago. And there was a XXXXXXX pumple that was clear and water came out of it like a water blister. Could it be friction from intense sex? Masturbation? Gym sweat and tight underwear?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection from gym sweat and tight underwear can be possible

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

I don't think it can be from sex or masturbation.

I think it is most probably due to gym sweat and/ tight underwear. For that reason I recommend using the cream that I mentioned above. It won't harm you or cause any side effect except then helping.

If it is not better after using it for one week, then you need to see a physician to consider doing the STD testing. The only way to make sure it is not an STD is to do the tests. But if you didn't have any such infections when you started the relationship, then it is less likely to be STD and more possible that the cream will work well.

Hope this is clear and has helped to reassure you a bit.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Klarida Papaqako 19 hours later
Here are photos today right after i got out the shower!
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
It looks better, but still diagnoses cant be sure if there are no tests.

Detailed Answer:

I saw your new photos. It looks a little bit better and clearer.

I think we cannot say much unless we don't have labs that verify that a STD infection is not the case. I can just see the signs and symptoms and try to understand but that is verified by tests:

- It can be a fungal infection if it is itchy, so the cream I recommended will help.
- It can be herpes, if the blisters are painful and sensitive without touching but it needs tests to confirm.
- It can be from friction (very low chance, because they would not look like that), but in order to verify that, you try using lubrication jell and see the improvement.

Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Dr. Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Klarida Papaqako